There are several modern Puerto Vallarta hospitals and health care facilities, so finding a good one will never be a problem. The most popular Puerto Vallarta hospitals for North American tourists were created by the joint effort of Mexican and American doctors for the care of American and Canadian travelers in Mexico. These modern Puerto Vallarta hospitals use the latest technology, have a mostly English-speaking staff, and accept health insurance issued in the United States.
Popular Puerto Vallarta Hospitals
|Amerimed Puerto Vallarta Hospital:||322 221-002|
All Doctors are US Board certified. The hospital is open 24 hours and offers emergency and urgent care. Amerimed Trauma Center offers U.S.-trained paramedic personnel in their ambulances. They also have air evacuation services to Guadalajara, Mexico and the United States.
|Hospital San Javier Marina:||322 226-1010|
This Puerto Vallarta hospital is equivalent to a level one trauma center. Their emergency room and ICU are staffed 24 hours a day and use the latest equipment and technology. Hospital San Javier Marina is considered the best medical institution in the city.
Another great Puerto Vallarta hospital is Hospital Cornerstone. This is a state-of-the-art level IV trauma center with CAT scan and MRI machines, cardiac services, dialysis and an international services department. Hospital Conerstone boasts a bi-lingual staff and accepts most U.S. and Canadian insurance.
Puerto Vallarta Hospital Directory
|Hospital San Javier Marina, S.A De C.V.||01 322 226 1011|
|Francisco Medina Ascencio||52 322 226 1000|
|Clinica San Antonio De Vallarta||01 33 3224 9898|
|Hospital Versalles de Puerto Vallarta||01 33 3224 9898 /2249292|
|Centro Medico qulrurgico De Vallarta||01 322 223 1919 /2223572|
|Clinica De Reabilitacion Vallarta Santa Barbara||01 322 294 3365|
|Hospital Cornerstone||01 322 224 9400|
|San Javier Marina||01 322 226 1010|
|Jesus Flores Hospital CMQ||01 322 223 1919|
|Hospital Medasist||01 322 223 0444|
|Médico de la Bahia||01 322 222 2627|
|Regional Hospital||01 322 224 4000|
Non-Hospital Medical Care and Clinics in Puerto Vallarta
|Fire Department||01 322 222 0520|
|Police Emergency||Dial 060|
|Clinica Chiropractor||01 322 222 0022|
|Dr. Ignacio Gomez Gutierrez- Dental||01 322 222 5359|
|Intensive Care Ambulance||01 322 225 0386 /2221533|
|Red Cross||01 322 222 1533|
|Med-Link Air Ambulance||01 322 221 220|
Pharmacies in Puerto Vallarta
Most pharmacies are open 24 hours and sell most non-narcotic drugs without a prescription. Purchasing drugs from Mexican pharmacies is usually a lot less expensive than in the U.S.A.
|CMQ: Basilio Badillo||01 322 222 2941|
|Farmica California||01 322 225 0635|
|Farmacia de Guadalajara: (24 hrs)||01 322 222 0101|
|Lux: Insurgentes 51||01 322 222 1909|
|Vallarta: Juarez 547||01 322 222 0004|
Medications offered by Puerto Vallarta pharmacies:
Amoxicillin, Cephalexin, cialis, cipro, lmitrex, loprerssor, penicillin, phentermine, prilosec, prednisone, premarin, fosamax, ultram, soma, synthroid, Tagamet, zantac ,viaga and zithromax.
Puerto Vallarta Hospital Tips
- Make sure you’re your insurance policy covers you outside of the United States. If it doesn’t, purchase travel insurance.
- Carry your insurance card with you at all times.
- Medicare insurance does not cover your Puerto Vallarta hospital services.
- Insurance can take as much up to 24 hours and a guarantee of payment must be received by the hospital in order for them to accept insurance.
- A deposit will be required for all Puerto Vallarta hospital admissions. You can pay the deposit in pesos or with a credit card. If your health insurance requires a deductible or co-pay payment, cash or credit card will be accepted.
- If you don’t wish to receive blood or blood products, inform the staff when you or your family is filling out admissions forms.
- Bring with you a list of any allergies, the name of any medications that you are taking and the name of your physician.
- The hospital admissions department should contact your consulate and advise them that you are in a Puerto Vallarta hospital. They will then contact you to answer any questions you have.