Do you over pack? Forget items? Heading to a beach destination, it seems obvious to pack items such as flip-flops, sunglasses, a bathing suit (bikini), camera and of course you need the passport. But what else should you bring to Puerto Vallarta?
I have five items that might not make your list today, but you may want to consider when traveling to Puerto Vallarta.
- Dancing Shoes. Sure you can go in flip-flops or sneakers (tenis), but if you want to walk the cobble stone streets with style on your way to the club for spicy salsa dancing pack a pair of “dance” shoes. It will make for better moves on the dance floor which ultimately leads to a better evening.
- Adventure Focused Footwear. How many shoes do you need to pack? My thoughts are three or four. (dancing shoes, sneakers, flip-flops and adventure style shoes) Yes, you can use your sneakers ( but expect them to possibly get wet, muddy, and they may not be comfortable the next day) A closed-toe adventure style sandal or hiking boot is recommended if you want to be adventurous and try an off the beaten path adventure in Vallarta
- A Wind breaker. I know T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops, that’s why you selected Vallarta for holiday. And it is going to be hot and sunny don’t worry. But consider what type of adventure you might select? Early departures? On the bay in a boat? I definitely was glad I packed a windbreaker the morning I went off to sea to listen to Humpback Whales.
- One “semi-formal” outfit. I know, many of you really don’t want to dress up on vacation. But I say one night, try it. For men a jacket (linen) and for women ladies, pick something special from the closet. Why? Puerto Vallarta has some of the best dinning in Mexico. And one night I recommend you eat well and dress well doing it. When you look your best, fine food becomes the finest.
- Beach Towel Ok, you think, I can get one at the hotel or even buy one. Yes, you can. But you want to explore the forty beaches of Puerto Vallarta, and it never hurts to carry a towel for an impromptu swim. And also, you will want one to wrap up the bottle of tequila you are destined to take home in your suitcase. Vallarta is in the state of Jalisco, and Jalisco is the home of tequila. You’ll be hooked if you aren’t already.
Well, these are my thoughts, what are yours? What items do you think everyone needs to bring on holiday in Puerto Vallarta?
all photos are from Stay Adventurous Travel Photography and taken by Craig Zabransky