Driving around in a Prius? Switching to energy-efficient light bulbs? Eating out of the new Sun Chips bag? However you’re making an effort to go green is awesome…now how about a green vacation? Here’s a list of 5 easy ways to stay green while you’re vacationing in Puerto Vallarta:
1. Pack a water bottle to refill instead of buying a plastic one each time you’re thirsty. Try a nice Nalgene or Camelbak one. Puerto Vallarta has the cleanest water in Mexico. Just to make sure though, ask the staff, “Agua purificada?” and you should be good to go. Take it with you when you go zip lining or ATV-ing, or even just lounging on the beach.
2. Put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your hotel room so you can skip the housekeeping. Cleaning hotel rooms’ daily wastes tons of electricity and cleaning supplies. Skip getting your bed made for a day and sleep in.
3. Hang your towels up to dry on the racks instead of requesting all new towels each day. This tip goes along with the whole wasted electricity notion.
4. Use public transportation when going to shop or explore. And, the bus system in Puerto Vallarta is something you’ve just got to see: the buses come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Each one is uniquely decorated, so bring the camera. They are very inexpensive and totally worth it. Sometimes, entertainers will sing and play instruments for the duration of the ride.
For more info and prices: http://vallarta-info.com/puerto-vallarta-transport.html
5. Be a conservationist for a day with EcoTours de Mexico! Activities like their Sea Turtle Camp and Whale Watching/Whale Adoption Program allow you to do your part for the wildlife of Puerto Vallarta and have fun at the same time.
Start planning your eco-adventure: http://www.ecotoursvallarta.com/index.php